“Each new life stage and season brings new adventures, excitement and memories. It also brings new safety and security considerations. From childhood, to marriage, homeownership, retirement and beyond, Master Lock is there to help protect consumers as their security needs evolve with these memorable life events,” said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. “Through this campaign, Master Lock will show its dedication to providing a full range of reliable, easy-to-use products as well as resources consumers need to keep themselves, loved ones and valuables safe throughout the year and their lives.”
Here are some safety tips to consider for all that you wish to protect!
- Do not write your child's full name on clothing or backpacks they carry around
- Change passwords on accounts that hold any credit cards/personal information on you (a minimum) every 3 months.
- Keep all personal info locked up at home
- Watch your bank statements every month. Glance for odd charges-this is how we uncovered our ID theft! The sooner you catch it, the sooner your cards are turned off!
- Go through your junk drawers frequently. Don't leave old mail or paperwork with account number piling up everywhere in your home
- Buy a safe to lock up valuables and a shredder to get rid of account information (we always used our wood stove before we moved-now we own a shredder)
- A portable Key Safe (such as the one above) will ensure every member of your family has access into the home and will never be locked out again!
Master Lock & American Red Cross Campaign (Sweepstakes and Donation)
Master Lock will donate an initial $10,000 to the American Red Cross and will donate up to an additional $10,000 based on consumer participation in the sweepstakes for a total of $20,000 in donations – just one way the company hopes to keep consumers safe and secure through all life stages and seasons. Master Lock’s donation will support the urgent needs of the American Red Cross mission, whether it is responding to a disaster, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills to save a life, or assisting military members and their families during emergencies. This marks the second Twitter sweepstakes that Master Lock has hosted to benefit the American Red Cross. In 2014, Master Lock donated $16,000 to the organization.
· Senior Safety
· Tax Tips for All Life Stages
· Safe Moving / New Home Safety
· Marriage / Newlyweds
· Back to School
· First Job / New Job
· Fall Family / Home Safety