This fun craft idea works equally well for a pool party, or as a great rainy day project to encourage the sun to come back and shine. Bring a little bit of that summer sunshine inside with the Sunshine Craft. When you're done you'll have a fun smiling sun you can hang up in your home to cheer on summer.
What you'll need
- 1 small paper plate
- yellow tissue paper
- yellow craft paint
- white glue or tape
- One 2 - 3 inch piece of string or yarn
- 1 paint brush
- 1 sheet black construction paper
- 2 wiggly eyes
- newspaper (to cover and protect your surfaces)
- If you don't want to use paint, you can also use a marker to color the sun and draw on the sun's face.
- If you don't have any wiggly eyes you can cut some out of construction paper, or cut out a pair of sunglasses from construction paper for your sun wall hanging.