Are your family's artistic masterpieces getting lost inside a towering pile of school newsletters, old homework, and filled-in Mad Libs pages? Tame the mess with a multislot organizer made from sturdy, recycled shipping boxes.
What you'll need
- 3 shipping boxes (ours are 11-1/2 by 13-1/2 by 2-1/2 inches)
- Packing tape
- Wrapping paper
- Colored duct tape
How to make it
- Cut the flaps from one end of each box.
- Stack the boxes. Some boxes, such as those from FedEx, have flaps that add thickness to the back of the box. To make your stack level, use scraps of cardboard as shims in between the front edges of the boxes.
- Seal the boxes together with packing tape.
- Cover the boxes with the wrapping paper.
- Line the raw edges at the front with the duct tape.